Shooting Locales in India – Himachal Pradesh
By Pickle  July 31, 2019
From hills to mountains, capped by snowy peaks; punctuated by passes and glaciers, Himachal Pradesh has an abundance of parks, rich with flora and fauna and regions that experience temperature extremes. Himachal Pradesh had always been a popular destination for film industry and had been attracting film makers for the last six decades. Himachal has several scenic locations which are ideal to the film makers especially in the remote belts and the government is making all-out efforts to develop these sites to facilitate the tourists and film makers
Incentives offered by Himachal Pradesh
- 100% tax exemption to films shot in the state.
- Rs. 10 lakhs will be provided to interested film makers who can work in the folk dialects of Himachal and Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu and English languages. This includes documentaries of more than 26 minutes and animation films of more than 10 minutes.
- Complimentary facilities and rebates extended to film makers availing government facilities like accommodation, transportation and equipment.
- Familiarization (FAM) tours for foreign filmmakers would also be facilitated by the support of the state government.
- To promote Himachal Pradesh as a major destination for promoting film making, a film tourism policy is on the anvil.
- The government is also exploring possibilities of setting up of film studio in the state for promoting film tourism.
- Organising Film events and festivals like International Film Festival of Shimla, Free Spirit Film Festival – Dharamshala and Dharamshala International Film Festival.
For More Information Contact
State Website: https://himachal.nic.in/en-IN/