From sun-kissed beaches of Visakhapatnam to the temples of Vijayawada, the Indian Grand Canyon at Gandikota and the Araku Valley, where the clouds say hello to the hills, Andhra is a filmmaker’s dream come true. The state boasts of a naturally, ecologically, culturally and religiously rich and diverse variety of destinations that are treasures of visual treat
Incentives Offered by Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh State Film Television and Theatre Development Corporation, which issues shooting permission, levies no charges on children film makers, who can shoot free of cost at public places.
- ST of state government for low-budget (under Rs. 4 crore budgeted movies) Telugu films will be waived if the movie is shot in Andhra Pradesh and also charge for locations will not be levied.
- Best 15 movies given Rs 10 lakhs each of subsidy.
- Reimbursement of INR 500,000, lease rentals, power subsidies, etc., to makers of animation films.
- Reimbursement of production cost of an animation film or gaming product, (based on set guidelines/stipulations) up to a maximum of INR5 lakhs per film.
- Single window clearance for film makers.
- Animation, Media and Entertainment Policy (Policy) (2014–19).
- Proposal to allot land for entrepreneurs for setting up of studios, film city, infrastructural units.
- Allotment of more than 300 acres of land in Vizag near Ramanaidu Studio to build film studios.
- Andhra Pradesh Animation and Gaming City to be set up initially in Hyderabad in an appropriate extent of land by government through AP Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC).
- Nandi Award Festival to encourage growth of film, television and theatre arts.
- The state government also gives awards like NTR National Film Awards, B.N. Reddy National Film Awards, Nagireddy-Chakrapani National Film Award and Raghupathi Venkaiah State Film Award.
Kurnool, among many others
For More Information Contact
A Rajyalaxmi, Manager PR,
Andhra Pradesh Tourism Authority
State Website: https://www.ap.gov.in/Prominent shoots