Jammu and Kashmir has been a paradise for film shooting for its mesmerizing natural beauty and unparalleled scenic landscapes. Despite political disturbances, the state has attracted film directors time and again over the years. The Dal Lake dotted with innumerable houseboats and the distant snow covered mountains along with Gulmarg, Sonmarg and Pahalgam at higher levels add unique colour to the surroundings. Together with Jammu and Ladakh regions, the state is a film maker’s delight for new locales
Incentives offered by J&K
- Waiver of taxes for films shot in the state.
- Incentives/ Grant-In Aid are available for production of films by J&K producers. Jammu & Kashmir tourism policy draft has been submitted for approval wherein initiatives for promoting film tourism such as FAM tours have been proposed.
- Single window clearance system for granting permission for shooting films within seven days in Kashmir.
- Film Tourism Promotion Committee promotes the region as a filming location and extends all support to film productions including security.
- State government plans to encourage heritage buildings to convert into heritage hotels and development of rural tourism.
- The government has also planned development of accommodation for all customer segments through cottages, camping sites, dormitories, youth hostels and yatrinivas at tourist destinations.
- Film events and festivals like Kashmir World Film Festival, Kashmir International Film Festival, Jammu and Kashmir Festival.
For More Information Contact
Reyaz Ahmad Shah
Deputy Director Tourism Kashmir (Publicity) Directorate of Tourism Kashmir