The Andaman & Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal are a rare gift of nature. The group of islands/islets spread over an area of 8,249 sq kms with tropical rainforest and beautiful unexplored beaches graded excellent by many film makers. Besides creeks, rich flora and fauna, marine life and under water corals are the dream destinations of tourists. The unique picturesque beauty of these islands has not only attracted tourists from all over the world but has made the islands one of the best tourist locales for shooting films
These islands have created curiosity among the national as well as international film makers and they want to shoot films in these islands covering various places of tourist interest located in and around Port Blair and outside the Port Blair area. There is a long felt need to have consolidated guidelines/instructions issued by various departments and a single window permission system of granting permission to film makers to promote the Ease of Doing Business for the film industry. In the proposed guidelines the procedure for granting permission for shooting of films has been simplified and a single window system has been proposed to be established by following existing guidelines/instructions issued by different departments of the Andaman & Nicobar Administration and ministries.
Initiatives taken by Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Directorate of Information, Publicity & Tourism (DoIPT) has issued guidelines to encourage film makers to shoot their movies in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- The guidelines also provide an outline to enhance the infrastructure required for promotion of film shooting and improve availability of skilled manpower required for facilitation of film shooting in the Islands by training local artist and creating infrastructures required for the purpose.
- The Island have single window clearance system for all the film shooting permissions in the region.
- DoIPT, Andaman & Nicobar Islands is the nodal department for granting permission for shooting of film on these islands. • DoIPT has also developed a fully integrated online application system to facilitate film shooting.
- Organisation of film events and festivals like the European Union Film Festival, Indian Panorama Film Festival and Monsoon Festival.
Cellular Jail National Memorial
Mount Harriet And Madhuban
Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex
North Bay Beach
Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park
For More Information Contact
Directorate of Information and publicity Andaman and Nicobar Administration
Tel: 03192 232 694
State Website: http://andssw1.and.nic.in