With its unmatched natural beauty, this ‘God’s own Country’ is a God-send for cinema. Be it the Athirapally or Paalaruvi Falls, or the backwaters at Kumarakom and misty tea gardens of Munnar, the state has enough to offer as the perfect backdrop for films that are high on romance
Incentives offered by Kerala
- Fiscal incentive to regional films to full length feature film, children’s films and documentary film produced in Kerala under Film Policy.
- For films produced completely in the state of Kerala utilizing the facilities available with KSFDC (Kerala State Film Development Corporation) quantum of subsidy is as follows:
(i) Feature films – Rs. 5 lakhs
(ii) Children’s films – Rs. 3.75 lakhs
- Films produced (shot, processed, recorded, re-recorded, edited, printed or mastered) in the state of Kerala but not utilizing only the facilities available with the KSFDC and Chithranjali Studio the rates of subsidy admissible are as follows:
(i) Feature films – Rs. 1,87,500
(ii) Children’s films – Rs. 2,50,000
- The state award as best documentary/short films given Rs. 1 lakh as subsidy.
- The national, international award for the best documentary/short films are given Rs. 2 lakhs as subsidy
- The Malayalam Feature produced in Kerala utilizing the entire facilities of Chitranjali Studio may be given Rs. 6 lakhs as subsidy.
- Chitranjali Studio under Kerala State Film Development Corporation with 70 acres of land located primely near Kovalam Beach and other tourist locations. The studio has state of the art pre-production, production and post-production facilities.
- Another film studio is the Kalabhavan Digital Studio, in Thiruvananthapuram, is a division of Chitranjali Studio offering production facilities for TV programs.
- Organisation of film events and festivals like International Film Festival of Kerala, Orma Film Festival and SIGNS Film Festival.
Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
Eravikulam National Park
Valiyaparamba Backwaters, among many others
For More Information Contact
Deepa D Nair IFS, MD, Kerala State Film Development Corporation
State website: https://kerala.gov.in/