Winner of Indian government’s national award for the ‘Most film-friendly state’ in 2017, the ‘heart of India’, Madhya Pradesh, offers a wide variety of locales, eliminating the role of a set designer. From famous forts, marble rocks of Bheraghat, to the green hills of Pachmarhi, the options are rich and many. The temples of Khajuraho are UNESCO heritage sites
Incentives offered by Madhya Pradesh
- Capital Investment Subsidy ranging from Rs 3 crores-5 crores for creation of infrastructure alongwith installation of equipment to establish Film Studio, Film making, Museum, Aquarium, Theme Park.
- Percentage of Subsidy against Fixed Capital Investment – 15%
- Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. (MPSTDC) runs its own hotels/motels which are available to the film units for film shooting on subsidized rates.
- For lodging facilities maximum discount available is fixed by the management from time to time for its properties across the state.
- Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation (MPSTDC) is the nodal agency for film shooting clearance, incentives and subsidies in the state.
- The tourism department coordinates with other departments to obtain legal mandatory permissions needed for producers for film tourism.
- Application for film shooting permission can be made to tourism department or to the urban local bodies directly depending on the location.
- Organisation of film events and festivals like Lakecity International Film Festival and Indore Short Film Festival.
Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks
Satpura National Park
For More Information Contact
Ram Tiwari, Deputy Director,
Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board
Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
State Website: http://www.mptourism.com/film_tourism/Index.html#page-top