Home to Hindi cinema, popularly known as Bollywood, Maharashtra is a director’s delight, as his/her search for locations ends right here. It boasts of a huge variety of options, seeking to be dissected with a camera
Incentives offered by Maharashtra
- Marathi films enjoy concession/rebate in Film/TV shooting charges at various government owned sites/locations. i.e. Dadasaheb Phalke Chitranagari Goregaon (East), Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai, Department of Archaeology and Museum of Maharashtra, BEST, Maharashtra Maritime Board, etc.
- Every year State government declares State Film awards, wherein the 1st best movie gets a prize money of Rs. 4 lakh.
- Financial assistance to Marathi film producers as incentive to produce quality Marathi Films:
(i) Marathi Films graded A category- Rs. 50 lakhs
(ii) Marathi Films graded B category- Rs. 40 lakhs
- A single window facilitation cell as an agency to facilitate all film shooting approvals in an integrated manner from a single location.
- Creation of the Film Tourism Promotion Council under the aegis of Maharashtra Tourism.
- A ready to shoot, pollution free infrastructure in the form of Dadasaheb Phalke Chitranagri Film city, Mumbai.
- Development of Film City as an integrated film studio complex situated at Goregaon, Mumbai.
- Online portal for information on locations.
- Organize familiarization tours for major production houses in India and across the globe for key tourist destinations in Maharashtra.
- Marketing support for shooting locations in global film festival.
- Organisation of film events and festivals like Mumbai Academy of the Moving Image (MAMI) Mumbai Film Festival, Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF), the Maharashtra Short Film Festival and Pune International Film Festival, etc.
Malshej Ghat, among many others
For More Information Contact
Manager – Single Window Facilitation Cell Maharashtra Film, Stage & Cultural Development Corporation Ltd.
State Website: https://www.maharashtra.gov.in/1125/Home, http://www.filmcitymumbai.org/