Winner of Indian government’s national award for the ‘Most film-friendly state’ in 2016, Gujarat is increasingly becoming the most preferred spot for the tinsel world. Filmmakers wishing to offer the audience an ‘eastern’ experience can land in Gujarat
Incentives offered by Gujarat
- Incentives are provided to –
(i) Producers – Direct cash subsidy – Rs. 5 lakhs-5 crores
(ii) Artists – Awards in 32 different categories; Cash awards – Rs. 11,000-2,00,000
(iii) Theatre Owners – Benefit of Service Charge of Rs. 10-14 per ticket
- Film producers and their crew will have priority booking privilege and 50% rebate over the prevailing rates of rooms at government owned Toran hotels across Gujarat.
- Assistance of up to Rs. 50 lakhs, and incentives up to Rs. 5 crores for securing awards for Gujarati films.
- Children film and women empowerment related film given additional 25% financial assistance.
- Further assistance in range of Rs. 2 crores-5 crores granted to Gujarati films that win awards at international stage.
- Gujarati films that receive Government of India’s “Rajat Kamal” award given Rs. 1 crore reward.
- Incentives on offer for winning an Oscar and other shortlisted prominent international film festivals.
- A dedicated facilitation unit — TCGL Film Shooting Cell– established at Gandhinagar and Mumbai.
- Single window clearance for film shooting permissions for all kinds of films.
- Special attention to international film makers (feature, ads, series, etc.) in all aspects of shooting/production.
- If decision on shooting application is not taken in seven days, permission is deemed to have been granted.
- Free police arrangement is offered at open areas and public places. Local security clearances from police commissioner/district police is granted within seven days.
Gopnath beach, Bhavnagar
Adalaj ni vaav
Great Rann of Kutch
For More Information Contact
K. Biswas, Head Film Facilitation Cell, Gujarat Tourism
State Website: https://www.gujarattourism.com/filmtourism