Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), after tasting huge success with Jio mobile services, is gearing up to roll out full-fledged JioGigaFiber. Here are 10 interesting things you should know about this yet another gamechanger from the Mukesh Ambani-led firm.
1) JioGigaFiber will include home broadband, entertainment and smart home IoT (Internet of things) solutions.
2) It is expected to be rolled out on 12 August at the company’s annual general meeting (AGM).
3) According to Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani, JioGigaFiber would provide ultra high-definition entertainment on large screen TVs, multi-party video conferencing from a living room, voice-activated virtual assistance, virtual reality gaming, digital shopping and immersive experiences.
4) JioGigaFiber is currently under beta testing phase. It was launched at the 41st AGM last year, the broadband service was launched and RIL was offering some exciting features for both home and businesses with JioGigaFiber.
5) Subscribers can avail its Preview Offer for a security deposit of Rs 4,500 or Rs 2,500, depending on the speeds one opts for.
6) JioGigaFiber offers fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) broadband connections with 1.1TB (terabytes) of free data at a speed of 100 mbps.
7) A Business Today report states full-fledged rollout would mean the release of definitive plans with tariff rates and tenures for the JioGigaFiber service.
8) Ambani had said at the AGM last year: “The company has already invested more than $250 million in the industry. We will now extend the service to 1,100 cities to offer the most advanced fibre-based broadband services.”
9) “This will mean a faster internet experience. A virtual reality experience for all citizens where you can control switches in your house from outside as well. This will redefine 24×7 emergency help for all homes across India,” according to Ambani.
10) Recently, Reliance Jio had reported 45.6 percent rise in its net profit to Rs 891 crore for June quarter of 2019-20. The company had recorded profit after tax of Rs 612 crore in the same period the previous year.