One of India’s last great natural and anthropological sanctuaries which very few filmmakers have explored, Assam is home to hills, crisscrossed by major rivers such as the mighty Brahmaputra, Barak and their tributaries, roaring waterfalls, thick and dark forests, heavy rains during monsoon, innumerable varieties of flora and fauna, mysterious clouds, melodious folk music, thrilling dances and festivals, variety of many delicious dishes, hand looms and handicrafts. The land of blue hills and red rivers, Assam is the gateway to the north-eastern states and has been aptly described as the Sentinel of Northeast India
Incentives Offered by Assam
- Cash grant amounting to 25% of the Qualified Production Expenditure (QPE) or Rs.1 crore, whichever is less. Number of films to be covered depends on budgetary provision for the year.
- Additional grant of 10% on QPE, if the film’s storyline is on Assam’s culture/tourism/heritage.
- Additional grant of 10% for shooting more than 50% of the entire shooting in Assam.
- The producers who have produced minimum 10 films in Hindi/English/Foreign language are provided free accommodation and transport for their important cast during the period of stay for shooting of films in Assam.
- Financial assistance of minimum 30% for production of Assamese and local language films as per film grades (Category A films – INR 40 Lakh and Category B films – INR 30 Lakh).
- Financial support to produce films on a public private partnership mode where the Assam State Film Finance and Development Corporation Ltd. (ASFFDC) would invest 60% and a private producer would invest 40%.
- Film production falls under new tourism policy effective from January 2018 and valid for five years.
- A single window clearance system to film makers, serial producers, documentary makers, etc.
- A special incentive package in the form of logistic support within Assam has been provided to the film producers to kick start their arrivals.
- Assam Tourism organizes regional, national and international film festivals like Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival, CineASA Guwahati International Film Festival, Assam State Film Awards and Prag Cine Awards – North East in suitable tourist destinations to promote film tourism, with the assistance of cultural affairs department.
Kaziranga National Park
Manas National Park
Hoollongapar Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary
Tocklai Tea Research Centre
Nameri National Park
For More Information Contact
Manash Thakur, Tourist information Officer, Assam Tourism Development Corporation ltd.
State Website: https://assam.gov.in/