Shooting Locales in India – Bihar
By Pickle  July 29, 2019
Bihar lies mid-way between the humid West Bengal in the east and the sub-humid Uttar Pradesh in the west which provides it with a transitional position in respect of climate, economy and culture. Serving as the backdrop of films like Gangs of Wasseypur and Manjhi: The Mountain Man, Bihar has a thriving film industry. The government is also developing a film city at Rajgir in Nalanda district, 70 km southeast of Patna
Incentives offered by Bihar
- Films made in state languages and 75% shot in Bihar with 50% technicians from Bihar will get 25% of production cost or INR10 million whichever is less.
- Hindi films 50% shot in the state with 25% Bihari technicians will get 25% of production cost or INR20 million whichever is less.
- Special grant of INR1 million to producers if the film gets any international recognition.
- Department of Tourism (DOT), government of Bihar is the nodal agency for film shooting clearance, incentives and subsidies in the state.
- Bihar State Film Development and Finance Corporation Ltd (BSFDFC) facilitates film shooting in the state and introduced its film policy in 2016 to support regional, national and international films alike.
- BSFDFC promotes film production by co-producing projects involving public-private partnerships.
- It also promotes film making by organizing film festivals and film making workshop such as Bihar International Film, Festival, Patna Film Festival, Regional Film Festival, Gandhi Panorama Film Festival.
Valmiki National Park
For More Information Contact
D. K. Singh, Consultant, Bihar State Film Development and Finance Corporation
State Website: http://yac.bih.nic.in