Odisha is becoming an increasingly popular destination for ‘start, camera, action.’ The Puri Jagannath temple or the chariot-shaped Sun shrine can give modern architecture a run for its money. The Sambalpur waterfalls and the Paradip port mesmerise one, with the confluence of river Mahanadi and Bay of Bengal, at its backdrop
Incentives offered by Odisha
- The state government provides an assistance of Rs. 10 crores to film makers, for the first three Hindi or international language films meeting the following criteria:
(i) Minimum of 10% of the screen time should promote Odisha, its culture, heritage, tourist destinations, etc.
(ii) Budget of the film needs to be a minimum of Rs. 50 crores
(iii) Film needs to have an Odisha specific context, in terms of promotion of Odisha or its culture or heritage or tourist destinations, etc.
- Odisha Tourism Development Corporation (OTDC) properties, government guest houses, forest guest houses, circuit house, etc, are rented at official rates to film makers shooting in Odisha. As much as 75% of actual expenditure in accommodation at OTDC properties are reimbursed, subject to a ceiling of Rs. 10 lakh
- All feature films produced fully or partly in Odisha are exempted from entertainment tax.
- Producers of films who utilise the facilities of Kalinga Studio Limited, Film & Television Institute of Odisha and Kalinga Prasad Colour Processing Laboratory are eligible to get incentives in shape of subsidy.
- Odisha Film Development Corporation (OFDC) is the nodal organisation for providing single window clearance for shooting feature films in Odisha.
- Development of film city and Kalinga Studio, which is one of the most integrated units of its kind in eastern India.
- Strengthening of Biju Patnaik Film and Television Institute of Odisha (BPFTIO)
- The OFDC organises various film festivals in the state.
- Familiarization tours organized for line producers from across the globe during the film festival.
- Dedicated website for promotion of film sector
Konark Marine Drive
Bhitarkanika, among many others
For More Information Contact
State Website: https://mio.investodisha.gov.in/