Shooting Locales in India – Rajasthan
By Pickle  July 31, 2019
This princely state is the top choice for royal tales. With its imposing palaces and forts, the cities of Rajasthan might very well pass off as international destinations, thanks to its foreign tourists. Rajasthan is also the most widely captured on cinema. The state has been a favoured location with both Indian and international filmmakers such as Christopher Nolan, Wes Anderson, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Karan Johar and more! But the stories of Hawa Mahal, Mount Abu and the haunted forts in Alwar are still awaiting to be told on celluloid
Incentives offered by Rajasthan
- Incentives in Rajasthan are granted under Rajasthan Film Shooting (Amendment) Regulations, 2016.
- Films that are 75% shot in Rajasthan and have been given “U” certificates, get a 100% exemption from entertainment tax
for one year.
- New cinema halls and drive-in theatres have been exempted from entertainment tax for three years – 75% in the first year, 50% in the second year and 25% in the third year.
- “U” certificate Rajasthani films shot in Rajasthan are eligible for Rs.10 lakh incentives, while films with “U/A” certificate are eligible for Rs. 5 lakh incentive
- State government has waived of processing charges (Rs. 15,000/- day), security deposit (Rs. 0.50 million per week) and application charges (Rs. 1,000).
- The state government has streamlined the process of granting speedy shooting permissions
- In 2013, the state government had issued Film Shooting Regulations for setting up a single-window clearance system under the tourism department to issue timebound permission within 15 days of receiving the application.
- In 2016, Film Shooting Regulation was amended, wherein different fees such as application, processing, security deposit, etc. were waived off.
- The authorities concerned will have to reply within four days if no reply is received it will be assumed that they have given their consent.
- Under the Film Shooting Regulations (amended), the district collectors, superintendent of police and head of departments are the Nodal Officers to issue permissions within the prescribed time.
- The government is working on developing online integrated application form containing requirements for all government departments.
- Organisation of film events and festivals like Rajasthan Film Festival (RFF), Rajasthan International Film Festival and Jaipur International Film Festival.
Kota, among many others
For More Information Contact
Pradeep Kumar Borar,
Director, Tourism Department of Tourism, Govt. of Rajasthan