Shooting Locales in India – Sikkim
By Pickle  July 31, 2019
Sikkim with its picturisque locations like Yumthang Valley, Lachung, Gnathang Valley, numerous Buddhist monasteries and pristine glacial lakes makes for a perfect place to shoot a film. The state has planned concrete steps to ease out the process of planning and shooting films in the state and is committed to offer an investor-friendly policy to make the work of filmmakers easy
Incentives offered by Sikkim
- The Sikkim Government provides financial support to eligible local film with the maximum limit of Rs. 20 lakhs per film.
- A mechanism for providing logistical and financial support to film-makers has been proposed.
- Proposal of a single window clearance system with a dedicated nodal officer facilitating the various regulatory processes through effective coordination with all concerned departments.
- The Department of Information & Public Relations to be the coordinating department dealing with all the proposals for making films in Sikkim by local, national and international film-makers.
- Departments to complete the clearances within a stipulated time frame of 15-30 days and can issue permissions to shoot films in the general areas under forest cover after verifying the requisite documents and credentials.
- The Chief Wildlife Warden is the sole authority to issue permissions to shoot films in wildlife sanctuaries.
- A policy being worked out to categorise documentary films and have a screening process to determine their quality.
Khangchendzonga National Park
Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang Valley
Zuluk, among many others
For More Information Contact
Deputy Director (Film/Photo)
Information and Public Relations Department, Government of Sikkim
State Website: http://ipr.sikkim.gov.in/