Uttar Pradesh is the rainbow land where the multi-hued Indian culture has blossomed from times immemorial. Taj Mahal in Agra, the symbol of love, has attracted filmmakers to Uttar Pradesh since the black and white era. The temple town of Varanasi offers a never-seen-before cultural experience for the international viewer, while the Buddhist relics at Sarnath and Lucknow are other places that could double up as props for a film catering to a wide audience
Incentives offered by Uttar Pradesh
- Subsidy to the tune of a maximum of 50 percent of the total cost for Awadhi, Braj, Bundeli and Bhojpuri films, and a maximum of 25 percent of the total cost for Hindi, English and other Indian languages films.
- A maximum subsidy of Rs. 1 crores for the films which have been shot for at least a half of its total shooting days in Uttar Pradesh.
- A maximum subsidy of Rs. 2 crores for films which have been shot for the two-third of its total shooting days in Uttar Pradesh
- The grant for the films produced in the state by the National/International Award winner Producers/Directors of films who have already once received grant previously under the film policy, shall receive the grant as under –
(i) On doing half of the shooting duration of the film in the state – Rs. 1 crore and 75 lakhs
(ii) On doing two-third of the shooting duration of the film in the state – Rs. two crore and 25 lakhs
- If five main artists hail from Uttar Pradesh an additional subsidy, upto maximum Rs. 25 lakhs.
- If all the artists hail from Uttar Pradesh an additional subsidy upto maximum Rs. 50 lakhs.
- If any film producer, after shooting of the film, goes for its processing in the state itself, 50% of the processing cost or Rs. 50 lakhs is sanctioned as additional subsidy for the film.
- If any investor establish a film training institute in any major city (excluding Noida/Greater Noida) of the state, 50 percent of its cost or a maximum of Rs. 50 lakh.
- The films produced, to patronize the feeling of “One Nation, Best Nation”, in English and other languages of the country (excluding the films produced in regional languages of Uttar Pradesh), shooting of which has been carried out for a half of their total shooting days in the state, are given 50% of their cost by way of subsidy or Rs. 50 lakhs.
- A subsidy to the limit of 50 percent of the cost or up to Rs. 50 lakhs, for films produced by such overseas citizens of India (OCI), whose ancestors were original inhabitants of India.
- The units doing outdoor shooting in the state will be given 25 percent concession in room rent on their stay in hotels/motels of the UP State Tourism Development Corporation.
- Single Table System has been implemented for the successful implementation of film policy and to provide better facilities to the people associated with films.
- Setting up of state level Film Development Council for discussing long-term strategies to attract investments for films and monitor the implementation of film policy.
For More Information Contact
All District Magistrates, District Magistrate, Film Bandhu Uttar Pradesh
State Website: http://filmbandhuup.gov.in/, http://www.up.gov.in/