Uttarakhand with beautiful hills of Nainital, Mussoorie’s waterfalls, accompanied by the divine bells at Rishikesh and Badrinath, is the right destination for filmakers. Action scenes are bound to get racier, if shot at the skiing mountains at Auli and Munsiyari. The animals at Jim Corbett Park too, await their 10 seconds of fame
Incentives offered by Uttarakhand
- No entertainment tax for indigenous films, National Centre of Films for Children and Young People (NCYP)-produced children films and national and international award winning films.
- Any film maker can shoot in Uttarakhand without any Shooting charge/fees.
- Financial incentives for films in regional languages/dialects of Uttarakhand
(i) If the film is processed within the state – 30% or Rs. 25 lakh (whichever is lesser)
(ii) If processed outside the state – 25% or Rs. 20 lakhs (whichever is lesser)
(iii) If 75% of the shooting is done in Uttarakhand and film is processed in Uttarakhand – 30% or Rs 15 lakhs (whichever is lesser)
(iv) If 75% of the shooting is done in Uttarakhand and film is processed outside the state – 25% or Rs. 10 lakhs (which ever is lesser)
- If a film maker from any part of India produces a film promoting the tourist Spots, monuments, culture of Uttarakhand, the state offers special benefits.
- Big banner films upto the budget of Rs. 2 crores, if 75% of the shooting is done in Uttarakhand 75% will be borne by the state
- Based on merit, films having more than 50% or more outdoor shooting in Uttarakhand is made tax free.
- Government of Uttarakhand is focusing on development of a film city at selected location and selection and development of places for outdoor shooting.
- Uttarakhand was given a special mention certificate during the National Film Festival 2017 to recognize the efforts made by it towards creating a film friendly environment in the state.
- Organisation of film events and festivals like Dehradun International Film Festival, Rishikesh International Film Festival and DOP Leipzig Lake Festival, Nainital.
Rishikesh, among many others
For More Information Contact
Deputy. Director/Nodal officer, Uttarakhand Film Development Council
State Website: www.uk.gov.in